I know I posted this picture before, but I put it on facebook with this caption and I wanted to make sure I added it to my blog/journal.
Kellie and Krissy with and inset of Krissy's baby boys.
It is so fun to have grandchildren who not only look like my kids but who even have personalities that are similar. The large picture is of my baby girls and the inset is of two of my grandboys. Before I was blessed with grandkids and my children had grown, I would have moments of longing to hear my children's baby giggles, funny voices and all the sweet cute things that made my little children who they were. I'm not complaining, I now have four children who are wonderful adults. Now that I am blessed to be a Grandmother, at times I feel like I am in a time warp. I hear a giggle that sounds just like my daughter, or I see a look that is THAT LOOK only she knew how to give. Sometimes one of the grandboys will do something that I have only seen one other child do and it was 25 years ago! A lisp so familiar, a cry that makes my heart melt, a kiss so tender it could only be from the lips of my child's-child. Grandchildren are really little magicians, time travelers who bring back the childhoods that their parents left behind.



1 comment:
THats beautiful. Really it is. You must have taken a writing class from a lesbian at MCC. :) I do love it though in all seriousness.
Post a Comment