Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sarah Church, Me, Nan Hollingsworth and Joanne Fillmore. This was a photo taken at the RS Christmas party this year. I am so blessed to have such a wide circle of wonderful friends!

We had the party at the Arnett's and when Diane Arnett sang to us I was overwhelmed with Pat's (her mothers) spirit. There is no doubt that she was there and is so proud of her daughter and her husband for their generosity. Pat passed away several years ago. Diane shared her talent and Bill shared food and their home. I still miss Pat and her wonderful example, smile and uplifting words. What a blessing she was to our ward! My children have often said how thankful they are that she gave them such an appreciation for the cultural arts.

Joanne and Paul are getting ready to go on a mission to Guatemala in a few weeks. I will miss her more than she knows. She and I connected years ago and I love her very much.

Nan and I are each others confidants and I trust her and love her like a sister. It is fun to have her daughter Sarah in our ward now and see what a wonderful woman she is.

Friends are such a gift and I have been richly blessed in my life with the best of them!

No comments: